Job OpportunitiesL&M Carpet One Floor & Home in Mechanicsville, VA
GREAT people want to work for GREAT companies! That’s why you should join us!
Our combination of national buying-power, award winning showroom, lifetime installation warranties and unmatched product warranties make Carpet One the #1 choice for consumers nationwide.
Order Entry & Purchasing – Mechanicsville, VA
Immediate opening available for a purchasing and order-entry professional with a long standing family-owned and operated retail flooring business. We at L & M Carpet One Floor & Home are known for our superior customer service and professional staff, and this position will require that same focus. We believe in creating a family-friendly work environment, where each person is an integral member of the team.
If you are looking for a career, and have a passion for organization and attention to details, you may be the candidate we’re looking for. As long as you are self-motivated, strong with computer skills and have outstanding team communication skills, we will provide the tools and training you need to achieve outstanding success.
About the Position
This position requires an individual to undertake a variety of very important ordering and vendor follow-up functions. In order to be successful, the candidate needs to bring ordering experience, as well as a willingness to learn our processes and systems. It is also expected that the individual be personally well-organized and willing to provide outstanding customer service and follow-up.
The following are some of duties and expectations for this position:
- Reviewing sales associate orders and paperwork
- Order entry for both residential and commercial projects
- Filing claims for damaged good and incorrect orders
- Creating purchase orders
- Following up on order statuses
- Verifying vendor pricing
- Follow up in a timely and professional manner with vendors and suppliers on disputed billing.
We offer the following opportunities and benefits:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Paid vacations and holiday
- Simple IRA
- Employee discounts
- Some ordering and bookkeeping experience
- Must have strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- A formal education in business is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professionalism, to include: dependability, accountability, and punctuality.
- Self-motivated and internally driven to excel in your position and career.
- Time management skills for juggling multiple deadlines and deliverables.
How to Apply:
Please provide the following:
- An up-to-date resume and brief cover letter outlining your experience for the position
- Salary history and/or requirements
We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls be sent to our store, as a means to further your application process. Please do not personally deliver resumes to the store. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you kindly in advance for your adherence to this request.
Candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted by phone for the next step in our hiring process.
L & M Carpet One Floor & Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer